If you're looking for a quality experience for your child, you've come to the right place!
We believe quality early childhood education makes a significant difference in the way a child learns and develops throughout their life.
Why choose us?
Unlike schools, our centres are not zoned and therefore you can enrol your child at the centre of your choice.
If you are looking for quality childcare in Hamilton, Cambridge, Ngaruawahia, Raglan or Te Kowhai see our checklist on why we are the right choice.
What age should I enrol my child?
To secure your space we encourage enrolments from birth. We can then give you an approximate start date.
What age will my child start?
- From two years old at Kindergartens Waikato
- From 3 months old at Early Education Waikato
How much will it cost?
We offer 20 ECE Hours - which means we are part of the government scheme which allows all children over three years old to attest their 20 ECE hours at any Kindergartens Waikato or EEW Centre.
You can get a good estimate on costs, for your own situation, by using our Fee Calculator on the right-hand side of the homepage.
Please call us 0800 CHILDREN (244 537) for a complete fee structure.
What hours will my child attend?
- Kindergartens Waikato offers 3 - 7.5 hour sessions (and up to 9 hours in some locations)
- Early Education Waikato offers full day sessions
- Homebased Education offers full hours of your choice, from 6.30am to 7pm (dependent on Educator)
What will my child need to bring?
Early Education Waikato and Homebased Education
A cook prepares quality Healthy Heart award meals at Early Education Waikato centres.
How do I enrol my child?
Use one of the following methods:
- Complete a Vacancy Enquiry form on any of our location pages
- Call us on 0800 CHILDREN (244 537)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit your preferred centre
What happens on a day-to-day basis?
At kindergartens and Centres:
We never have a dull moment! Our qualified teachers carefully plan programmes that prepare your child for school.
Learning Activities: Teachers provide learning extensions which include numeracy & numbers, literacy & language, nature & science, computers & technology, puzzles & games, creative arts, sand & water play, trips, transition to school programme, child friendships... and more!
Mat Time: Children work together to share daily information, stories, songs, movement, drama & waiata, etc.
Refer to the individual centre pages to see timing and structure of a typical day at the centre of your choice.
At Homebased Education:
The children will be excited to see their Educator every day, with all sorts of fun and educational activities awaiting them.
Community Opportunities: Educators provide regular opportunities for children to explore the world through PlayGroup, Gym, Mainly Music, Parks and local events.
Homebased Education: Educators create wonderful plans and ideas to educate and create with your child in a real world setting, with nature & science, puzzles & games, creative arts, sand & water play, trips, transition to school programme, child friendships and more!
What do children learn?
Our qualified staff carefully plan programmes that fulfill the early childhood curriculum. We aim to ensure children are competent, confident and successful learners. Children will learn and develop:
- A strong foundation in reading, writing and maths
- Art, creativity, music and dance skills
- An understanding of sustainability and their environment
- The importance of New Zealand's heritage
- Social skills, behaviour management and manners
- Self confidence
- Learning skills such as independence, creativity and curiosity
- Friendships that may last throughout their schooling
- Relationships with consistent, familiar teachers
- To understand and operate within a structured routine