Become a Homebased Educator
Early Education Waikato is proud to offer warm, caring Educators across the Waikato. With a special focus on babies and toddlers, Playgroup, Gym and Outings, Qualified visiting teachers providing one-on-one support and flexible hours we have so much to offer.
With Early Education Waikato Homebased you will be part of a large professional team continually striving to provide the very best educational environment for children and their families and whanau.
What is so special about Early Education Waikato?
- $150 Bonus for established Educators choosing to transfer to EEW Homebased
- FREE extensive educational resource library
- Christmas bonuses paid for all Educators
- Financial incentive when you enrol children through your own marketing (over 20 hours booked per week)
- Educators provide care and learning in their own family homes, even if you have a rental.
- FREE colour printing of resources/photos/ learning stories at our Homebased Hub.
- We pay for our Educators to gain qualifications in First Aid and our very own Level 4 Professional Pathways in Early Childhood Education in association with Vision College.
- You are an independent contractor. As an Educator you decide whether to provide full time or part time childcare.
- Visiting Teachers will arrange alternate care for your children if you are sick
- We offer free professional development courses for your continual development and interest.
- If you are currently caring for a family member's child, why not join us and get paid for it?
- Retainers paid when children are not in care.
- All our Educators and children benefit from FREE weekly sessions at our special Homebased Hub and Gymnastics (YMCA Gym)
- Signage and personalised promotional leaflets for you to promote yourself.
- FREE double strollers, high chairs, porta cots and other resources available.
- Mileage reimbursement for attending the Homebased Hub once a week.
- Receive ongoing support and guidance from experienced qualified early childhood teachers.
- We provide Educa online e-portfolios to help you document children's learning and development and keep in contact with families.
- Opportunities to visit and work within our Kindergartens and Centres
- Visiting Teachers guide and support you every week
- Flexible hours - work when you want!
- Purpose built playgroup centre in Richmond Street, Hamilton
- Association events to participate in throughout the year, including our famous Christmas parties!
Support with management and administration
Each Educator is under the umbrella of Early Education Waikato, a head office which employs managers and administration staff to provide support with the many tasks involved in being an Educator. These tasks include;
- Accessing and managing Ministry of Education Funding
- Payment of accounts
- Professional support and guidance
- Compliance and Health and Safety
Helping you to develop your career
Want to take a step up in your ECE career? We offer the Professional Pathways in Early Childhood Education Level 4 course, in association with Vision College.
Early Education Waikato encourages Educators to maintain their expertise and professionalism in an ever changing environment by providing a free comprehensive professional development program of courses and workshops throughout the year. These can include Behaviours Management, Healthy Eating or Computer Development.
Qualified teachers guide and support you
Early Education Waikato employs qualified Visiting Teachers to provide support and oversee the effective operations of Educators. They regularly visit to provide practical, professional support to individuals and children to enhance teaching practice and children's well-being.
Exclusive access to our playgroup centre
We have our very own Homebased Education Centre at 12 Richmond Street, Whitiora. This beautiful location situated behind the Plunket rooms provides Playgroup sessions three times a week which Educators love bringing their children to.
Interested in working with us?
Want to come onboard? Fill in the form below, call one of our Visiting Teachers, or phone us at 0800 CHILDREN (0800 244 537)
Sue BiggarHomebased Visiting Teacher
Ph:07 856 4649 ext.715